Online Store Marketing Specialist, Stones Boatyard, Nanaimo
The Online Store Marketing Specialist will join an experienced team to assist in the development of a new online store selling boat parts and accessories to supplement the existing Marine Store@Stones Boatyard.
If you are a self-starter looking for employment that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, we invite you to dive in and explore the possibilities.
The Online Store Marketing Specialist day-to-day tasks will include entering, updating managing and marketing products, and the development of this new addition to the business.
We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic, takes pride in their work, has strong communication and organisation skills, and the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and work as part of a
team. 1+years’ experience with an online store is a strong asset for this position.
Job Duties Responsibilities – Online Store Marketing Specialist:
- Enter, manage and update product listings, descriptions, and pricing on the e-commerce platform(s).
- Monitor inventory levels and coordinate prices with the store team to ensure product availability.
- Implement strategies to enhance user experience and optimize conversion rates.
- Develop and produce engaging and relevant content for e-commerce websites.
- Ensure all content is in line with brand policy and promoted to the target audience.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Track and report on key performance indicators, such as website traffic and e-commerce sales.
- Utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions and improvements to strategies.
- Engage with customers and potential leads through online channels, responding to inquiries and building relationships.
- Collect customer evaluation and insights to improve products/services and the overall online shopping experience.
- Develop strategies and related content for digital marketing and advertising campaigns and implement them.
- Manage post campaign analysis to measure and report on marketing and advertising metrics.
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization.
Required Experience and Education
- A university degree in business, marketing or a relevant subject is required.
- Boat and engine parts experience/knowledge is required, as is customer service.
- Experience in e-commerce marketing will be a strong asset.
- Proficiency in e-commerce platforms (e.g., WooCommerce).
- Strong products content creation skills, including SEO analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aesthetic photography skill.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Language requirements: Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- 104-1840 Stewart Avenue, Nanaimo, BC, V9S 4E6 Canada
- Monday to Friday from 0800 – 1630, 35-40 hours per week.
This is a full-time salaried position offering a competitive salary based on skills and experience in the region of $18-24 per hour depending upon experience. Benefits include, staff parking, uniform, plus health, dental and vision benefits covering employee and his/her dependents. Staff discounts are available for boating equipment sold through the online and onsite Marine Store.
Please send a resume and covering email to Nick Webster firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you don’t meet the qualifications exactly but believe you have the required skills, please submit your résumé and references for consideration. Please confirm in your resume or cover letter that if you are legally authorized to work in Canada (i.e., have a work visa, or are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada).